The first thing to understand is that Aarogya Setu is a Sanskrit word that means Bridge of Health and this app fulfills the purpose for which it is developed.
Aarogya setu app or the Indian COVID 19 Tracker is an app that is launched by the Indian Government for keeping the track of number of infected cases and potential new infections. Developed by the National Informatics Centre working under Ministry of I&B it is the first of its kind app developed for the citizens of India to notify the users whether they are at risk or not of catching COVID-19.
India COVID 19 Tracker App Details
|Higher Authority||Government of India|
|Name of App||Aarogya Setu|
|Available on||Google Play and IOS|
|Authority of App||NIC E-Gov Mobile Apps|
|Available for||Android/ IOS|
How to Use and Install the app
- Go to Play store to download the app for Android users.
- Select the language preference from English, Hindi, Telugu, etc. and click Next.
- After you install the app, you will need to allow the app to access your Location and Bluetooth.
- Provide your phone number.
- Run the app and you will receive an OTP, enter it to start the app.
- Choose your gender and enter your details like full name, age and profession, as prompted by the app.
- You will need to provide the details of your foreign travel history of past 30 days. It is essential that you give an honest answer. If the user has entered their history of foreign travel, then they will be matched to anyone in their vicinity tested positive, this is done using the ICMR database.
- The app asks the user if they are ready to volunteer in times of need, hit Yes and a self-assessment test will begin that lasts for 20-second.
How Aarogya Setu App works
The simplistic UI or user interface may have you questioning as to how this app works, however the app is built on a smart AI and sophisticated parameters.
- After the user installs the app on the phone, the app begins detecting nearby smartphone users and devices.
- Calculation is based using algorithms, AI and Bluetooth along with smartphone user’s interaction with others.
- The device monitors the proximity of the user through Bluetooth monitoring, for this reason it is recommended to always keep it on or discoverable.
- Privacy of user is kept in mind and so the data provided by the user is only used by the Government of India.
- The user name and phone number of the one who installs the app is not shared or made public.
- The risk level is based on the assessment data and the proximity with the infected person.
Why this app is successful?
- Developed for Android and IOS users it has user friendly UI or User Interface.
- The app is available in 11 Indian languages for user convenience keeping the diversity of India in mind.
- It works using Bluetooth and GPS location and for this reason these should be always kept on.
- It keeps the user privacy and the data is only shared to the Government.
- Alerts the user about existing cases of people tested positive and even if someone new is tested positive.
- Sends alert to the user if they have crossed path with someone who is tested positive.
- Gives the user the option of seeking help, tips on staying safe, assessment test and option to share the app with your loved one to help them stay safe.
I recommend Aarogya Setu app to fight against COVID19. Please download and share it using this link