I would have never known how it feels when your dream collides with nature for real, it happened in Auli. Even the name Auli or Auli Bugyal, in Garhwali, which means Meadow suggests the beauty of this place.
People know this destination as the most popular and perfect skiing resort for families and friends alike. However, there is more to it than skiing; it is the whiff of the cold air against your face filling your lungs with fresh air. The snowcovered mountain caps, snowfall in auli, the frozen lake delight, the picturesque view of the whole mountain range from the cable car and then experiencing the trekking through the wilderness in the beautiful meadow.
But wait there is more to this place that makes it absolutely necessary to visit, the religious significance.
Lesser Known Fact about Auli
If you think that Auli is only sought after for its skiing and adventure trekking then you know less about this place. As per the epic of Ramayana, Hanuman ji while traveling to Himalaya for fetching Sanjeevni rested at Auli and thus became the most famous and magical temple of Lord Hanuman ji. Till this day people visit this temple for wish fulfillment and for seeking the blessings to avert evil and dissolve negativity from their lives.
When toVisit Auli ?
If you are wondering what time would be ideal to visit aulithen you can plan your trip during March to June to enjoy the pleasant weather that stays at 15 degrees and you will see the wild nature and snow covered mountains. You will enjoy the trekking trail and the beauty of nature.
For those who would like to enjoy snowfall in auli they should visit during November to February that would be winters season in auli. The temperature drops down below minus 8 degrees, but it is ideal for skiing and other such adventure activities.
What to do at Auli?
With the beauty of high Himalayan peaks and the view of Nanda Devi from Auli you will experience a distinct peace of mind, the shades of pink lighting up the sky, the view of sunset, the snow covered caps.
- Enjoy the view of the entire valley with Cable Car and even a Skii lift is available for the convenience of tourists. It is through the cable car that the connectivity of lower and upper slopes is established. This is the easiest and the shortest way to reach the ski spot in 10 minutes.
- Ropeway is a beautiful way to towards the valley that is 4 kms long and begins at Joshimath covering it all in 25 minutes.
- The lake at valley is man made for the purpose of skiing open to tourists throughout the year. Additionally, during low snowfall in auli then the snow created from the lake. Skiing guised are available hourly basis to provide crash course in skiing that is good for a novice to experience the snow sport.
- Trekking at Auli is amazing with various trakking trails beginning from Auli Grson trail, Gorson – Tali, Tali – Kuari Pass, Kuari Pass – Khulara and Khulara – Tapovan.
- Tapovan is yet another popular spot to visit for its hot springs where you will enjoy the steam coming out of water. It is said to be so hot that it can easily boil rice in minutes.
- If you are visiting in summers then enjoy the beauty of apple orchards at Gurson Meadows that provides a good trekking trail. The view of quaint villages makes it more beautiful.
Kuari Pass trek is known for its proximity to the Tibet border and lies at the edge of Nanda Devi. This is perhaps the reason that the name itself means a doorway that lies between the borders. However, this trekking trail is only open to access during winters.
Where to stay in Auli ?
Guest houses and hotels by private and government are available at reasonable price. Easy to find accommodation at Joshimath that offers a lot of stay-in options.